Setup Brother Printer Wirelessly
Brother printers are new-gen devices that support latest technological developments. You can connect these devices wirelessly to your computer, mobile device or tablets. All you need is a secure wireless network along with a constant internet connection. So, let’s now have a look at the steps involved in this wireless setup process.
Before you begin, there are a few things that you should make a note of.
- Name of the current wireless network; the SSID or the ESSID value.
- The wireless connection’s network key; password or the encryption key.
The above-mentioned details will be available on your device bottom. Otherwise, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to obtain these details.
Organizing the Settings To Setup Brother Printer Wirelessly
Unbox and complete the initial set up process which involves the following steps.
- First, connect the printer to a power source using the AC cord that came along with the device.
- The control panel will be available on the front-side of the Brother printer in most cases.
- Use this to access the Menu settings and then use the arrow keys to navigate to the desired option.
- Navigate to the Network menu and here choose the WLAN option; select the OK button after every selection.
- Whereas, in certain printer models you can directly navigate to the SETUP WIZARD menu option.
- Enable the wireless network by choosing the appropriate option and select your home network’s SSID.
- And when the device requests for authentication, you must enter the network’s key which was noted down earlier.
- In case the printer has a touchscreen control panel, you can directly navigate to the wireless settings menu.
Download the Necessary Drivers
After successfully setting up the printer wirelessly you must now download and install the necessary drivers. There are drivers available according to the functionalities of the printer. For example, you can choose a full-feature driver; includes print, scan, and copy functions. Alternatively, you can also choose individual drivers that are function-specific.
Brother printers are capable of receiving print commands from your mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) through a wireless connection. However, you need the help of the mobile app to pass the command from the device to your Brother printer.
This app can be found in the application store of your respective device free of cost. Just search for the relevant name and then download the app on your device. We are available 24/7 at Brother Printer Setup site for our customers who can avail assistance on any of the above-mentioned processes.